The Mansfield SDA church was organized in October 1900, however, several years later the church building burned to the ground. The lot stood vacant for a while but some of the original members, Edith T. Buecker, Ruby Hill Roach, and Margaret Chilton, led in the purchase of a Methodist church building and moved it to the empty lot in 1914. The Buecker family donated the platform chairs, which were very ornate and had a red velvet upholstery. By August 1989 the congregation had dwindled to very few members after several had moved away, and older members had passed away. The building was sold to a Baptist congregation. At that time, Edith, by this time one of the oldest members, joined the Shreveport First SDA church and donated the platform chairs and the offering plate from the Mansfield church to the Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of Seventh-day Adventists.
(1901 May 28). Review and Herald, p. 14.
(1915 Mar 25). Ibid, pp. 16, 17.
(1951 Dec 27). Ibid, p. 22.
(1969 Apr 26). Southwestern Union Record, pp. 6, 7.
Buecker, Bill. (2022 Jan 11). Phone conversation with Rebecca Burton.
Buecker, Melvin. (2022 Jan 11). Ibid.