Glenwood is a small town located on the Caddo River in Pike and Montgomery Counties in southwest Arkansas about 30 miles west of Hot Springs. Glenwood was originally platted out in 1907 by Curt Hays and Will Fagan. There was a depot in the middle of town called Holly. To get a Post Office, the name of the railroad station was changed to Glenwood in about 1908. The city was incorporated in 1909 following a boom in the timber industry and the establishment of a lumber mill. Much of the town’s economic history has been dependent on the timber industry (Glenwood, 2019).
(2019). Glenwood Arkansas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved from glenwoodarkansaschamber.com.