The School Begins
Mrs. Frank Beeson, Jr., taught the first church school in Alexandria during the 1955-1956 school year. The school was in its pioneer stage but doing a first-class job. The enrollment was six that year. The school was housed in a small house, rent free, owned by Mrs. Bertia Beeson (Westermeyer, 1956). The school closed at the end of the 1959 school year but reopened in 1962. It continued operating through the 1972-1973 school year except the 1964-1965 and 1970-1971 school years (Report, 1955-1986).
The Alexandria SDA Church School was again open from 1978 to 1985. It was an eight-grade elementary school located just off Highway 167-71 in Pineville, Louisiana. The school employed one full-time teacher and averaged about 13 students.
(1955-1986). Teacher’s Opening Report. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
Westermeyer, W. H. (1956, Mar. 7). Southwestern Union Record, p. 8.