The School Begins
The Camden school opened in 1949 with eight students. The school closed in 1953 but reopened in 1959 for two years. It reopened in 1976 with six students (Report, 1949-1976). Photo of students in 1978, L to R: Susie Mitchell, Kim Swart, Keith Gwinn, Chris Austin, Dee-Shana Sullivan, and Robin Hatridge (Files, n.d.). The school closed in 1979 (Report, 1979).
(No date). Discontinued School Files. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
(1949-1979). Teacher’s Opening Report. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.