The School Begins
The Jonesboro school opened in 1954 and in 1961 the Jonesboro and Pocahontas schools merged, with the Pocahontas school closing (Green, 1961). This school closed in 1963 but a few years later a home school opened in Jonesboro. In 1978 the Jonesboro school was meeting in the basement of the church on Steele Street and had again become a conference school (Files, n.d.). After 1988 the school returned to home school status but in 1991 they asked to again become part of the conference church school system (Minutes, 1991).
(1991, Sep. 9). K-12 Board of Education Minutes. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
(No date). Discontinued School Files. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
Green, George. (1961, Oct. 4). Southwestern Union Record, p. 4.