Lake Charles Seventh-day Adventist School

The School Begins

The Lake Charles school opened for the 1951-1952 school year (Report, 1951). The Lake Charles church began erecting an educational building behind the church in 1952 that would house the school and Sabbath school rooms (Sanders, 1952). Near the end of the 1953-1954 school year, the church school moved into the new building. Glendon Sibley was the teacher at that time (Record, 1954). The school closed at the end of the 1959-1960 school year but reopened for the 1976-1977 school year (Files, n.d.). By this time the old church and educational building had been sold. A new church had been built on Country Club road and a new four-room school had been built behind the church (Evaluation, 1977). The school closed for a time and reopened for the 1994-1995 school year. (Minutes, 1994).


Citations

(1949-1979). Teacher’s Opening Report. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

(1954, May 12). Southwestern Union Record, p. 4.

(1977, Dec. 16). Evaluation of Lake Charles Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

(1994, Sep. 12). K-12 Board of Education Minutes. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

(No date). Discontinued School Files. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

Sanders, F. O. (1952, Jul. 9). Southwestern Union Record, p. 4.