The Work Begins
In 1951, Elder Lee J. Meidinger, district pastor, reported that a branch Sabbath school at Marshall had started meeting, with a membership of twenty-five (Record, 1951).
Marshall Church Organized in 1997
In May 1997, the Marshall group made a request to become a conference church and they were organized (Minutes, 1997). A group of members from the Marshall church formed a trust and purchased property on Highway 27 North and Main Street in May 2000. In 2003, the property, which consisted of the church building and a house on the adjoining property which was used for a Community Service building, was transferred to the Arkansas Conference Association (Woolsey, 2003). The house on the adjoining property was sold in June 2006 (McCormick, 2006).
(1951, Nov. 14). Southwestern Union Record, p. 4.
(1997, May 11). Executive Committee Minutes. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
McCormick, Terry. (2006, Jun. 7). Letter to First Service Bank. Association Office. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.
Woolsey, Ron. (2003, Feb. 20). Letter to Terry McCormick. Ibid.