Monroe Seventh-day Adventist School

The School Begins

The Monroe school opened in 1950 in the church that had recently been built on the corner of South Second and Plum Streets. The school was in operation until 1957. A new church had been built in 1958 at Oaklawn and Sandel Drive and the school reopened in 1963 in a separate facility on this property (Report, 1950-1979). It included one classroom and a home economics room/fellowship hall (Evaluation, 1980). The Monroe school closed in 1970 and reopened in 1974. The school again closed after the 1984-1985 school year and has not reopened (Files, n.d.).


Citations

(1950-1979). Teacher’s Opening Report. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

(1980, May 7). Evaluation of Monroe Seventh-day Adventist Elementary School. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.

(No date). Discontinued School Files. Shreveport, LA: Arkansas-Louisiana Conference of SDA.